Saturday, July 31, 2010

Homemade Bisquick and Fun Pancakes

I'm a big fan of saving money.

I'm also a big fan of making the stuff that I love that keeps my life simple.

So after a few hours of hunting I found a recipe for Homemade Bisquick. Really? Yes! Use just like you would normally use Bisquick recipes.

So keep your recipes, but make your own and save.

Bisquick


8 c of all purpose flour

1 1/4 c Nonfat dry milk powder

1/4 c Baking Powder

1 Tbl salt

2 c Shortening



Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Cut in the shortening until it resembles course cornmeal. Store in a tightly closed container in a cool dry place. Makes 10 cups.


Next time, have some fun with your pancakes. How about this giraffe one I made for my son?
All you need is a craft squirt bottle, pancake batter and a hot griddle. I watched Jim make them on YouTube. Listen to his daughter, she is just precious.

1 comment: