Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ribbon Flower Wreath

I've been checking out the other blogs out there in blogland and I came across http://frugalflourish.blogspot.com/ where Jess took a great idea from Martha Stewart's site to make some cute patriotic napkin rings
but changed this project around a bit and wanted to make some cute flowers for her welcome wreath on her front door. http://frugalflourish.blogspot.com/2010/06/creating-ribbon-flower-wreath.html/2010/06/creating-ribbon-flower-wreath.html
Cute huh?

With my son's birthday a few days away (it's polka dot themed) I thought it would do the same idea for our front door.

So I ran out and bought some $1 ribbon out of the Micheal's bins and my lovely grapevine wreath ($2 after my coupon :)).

I cut my ribbon 15" long

Thread a needle with any color thread (since you won't be able to see it when done) and put aside for a minute. Take your ribbon and begin folding it accordian style, keep it pinched together on one end. Thread through all the loops through the part that you're pinching. I pulled the thread taut and tied a knot.


Because I used 5/8 in ribbon (you really need like 1/2in or 1in+) my polka dots came out looking more like flowers. So I fanned the ribbon out and they still looked good.

I used Jess's idea of using a bobby pin to secure the flower to my wreath.

Ta-da! Beautiful... I will probably add a bunch more later but the baby is crying, got to go!

1 comment: