Sunday, August 1, 2010

Chai Spice Cake

Tonight I was in the mood for something warm.

I am just itching for Fall to begin with the browns, oranges and yellows. Summer is drifting away and I want to get all cozy again (even though it was 100 degrees outside today).

I decided to experiment and make a cake (yummy comfort food) and one of my favorite drinks, chai. This is what I came up with, and I have to say I probably will be making it again!
Chai Spice Cake

1 box of Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake
3 eggs
1/3 c of vegetable oil
1 1/4 water (ingredients as directed on the box)
2 envelopes of Bigelow Vanilla Chai
1/2 tsp of ground ginger
1/4 tsp of ground cloves
1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg
2 tbl of Molasses

Glaze
2 c powdered sugar
1/4-1/2 c of milk
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients together until smooth. Bake as directed on the cake box. Cool completely and drizzle glaze over the top.

Grab a knife, fork, a plate and serve yourself.
We're not fancy here.

This cake is yummy as is, but I'm always wanting to experiment! Next time I'll try maybe a cup of pureed pumpkin or 1/4 c of lemon juice for a kick... What do you think?

Hope you like my little experiment, I sure am. It's yummy.

Enjoy!

2 comments: