Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpkin Chai Ice Cream

I had some left over pumpkin from the pumpkin-lavender bread I made almost 2 weeks ago, and I needed to use it fast or I would lose it.

I had just made Lavender Ice Cream last night, so I thought I should use this pumpkin and make Pumpkin-Chai Ice Cream (it's more like soft serve since I'm not making it like real ice cream).

I have to say this ice cream is delicious. If your looking for a pumpkin ice cream recipe, this is it. Within 10 minutes half of my ice cream was gone after I gave some taste tests to my family!

They rated it "20 out of 2 thumbs up" :)

Pumpkin Chai Ice Cream
2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 c sugar
1 c heavy whipping cream
1 c canned pure pumpkin
1 tbl molasses
1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 bag of Vanilla Chai Tea (Bigelow)
Pinch of salt
1. In a large bowl combine the milk, sugar, vanilla. Stir until combined and sugar is dissolved. Mix in heavy cream. Cover bowl and let sit in the refrigerator overnight.

2. In another bowl combine pumpkin, molasses, salt, all the spices, and half the chai tea bag contents. You can add all of it, but I think it would be too strong. Mix well. Cover bowl and let sit in the refrigerator overnight.

3. When ready to make ice cream, mix the two bowls contents together and freeze according to your manufacturers instructions.
ten minutes later...

No comments:

Post a Comment