Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Copycat: Starbuck's Frappuccino

I cannot tell you how excited I am about this post!

To begin, I am in love with Starbuck's frappuccinos and I spend a lot of my pretty pennies to have one when I go shopping or after a bad day. I needed a more wallet friendly version to satisfy my caffeine fix.


Oh, but today! Playing around in my kitchen this morning, I found (to me) the perfect copycat to my favorite drink. I am sipping my delicious coffee as I write this post and still can't be happier with the results.

Frappuccino                                       Makes 3 cups

1/2 cup fresh extra bold coffee
2 cups lowfat milk (2%, 1% or skim) 1/4 cup granulated sugar or sugar substitute
1 tablespoon dry pectin


For Vanilla
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Mocha 
2 tbl chocolate syrup and only 2 tbl granulated sugar


1. Combine all ingredients in a covered container. Shake until
sugar and pectin are dissolved.

2. Pour over ice if desired, top with whipped cream.

Sorry it's not the best picture, I need better glassware


Calories calculated using Sparkrecipes Calculator:

Vanilla Frap: 219 calories per 1.5 cup serving. 

Mocha Frap: 221 calories per 1.5 cup serving


No comments:

Post a Comment