Friday, October 14, 2011

My First Wedding Cake

Photo taken by my friend's sister who was the photographer at the wedding. If you live in California, check out her Facebook page: Sandi Amaral Photography
Vanilla Cake with Strawberry Creme filling

I cannot take full credit for this cake, it came from teamwork with my bestest childhood friend.

She baked and leveled the cakes beforehand, made the filling, cut the dowels and wrapped the plates. Inbetween breastfeeding her 2 month old and playing with her 2yr old little girl (see ladies, you can take on projects like this even with little ones). She finished off the cake, painting on a shimmer dust to the blue stripe.

I pretty much spent the entire time doing dishes, frosting the cakes and; working, rolling, coloring, cutting and applying the fondant. Inbetween holding babies and playing with a 2 year old.

Together we filled, moved, and put this baby together. Flowers were the final touch once it got to the church.

I love baking with my friend. We make some amazing goodies together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment