Thursday, September 2, 2010

Best Ever (I've Made) Brownies

I just recently discovered grouprecipes.com, if you have never seen that site before, it is a great site! I make my life easier and when I want a different recipe or in the mood for _______, I go there first. They also have a great software where you can compare recipes! This is how I "invent" recipes I want to try, buy picking and choosing what I think would work best and make it all my own.

A few weeks ago I was craving outrageously, all day for brownies. I have been trying to watch what I eat, but there was no getting around it...So I made brownies! And these are the most delicious, fudgy, chewy brownies I have ever made or eaten! 

If you want brownies, this is the recipe to make. I have officially added it to my recipe cards, it is here to stay.
 
Best Ever Brownies
  • 5 squares of semisweet chocolate, chopped
  • 1 stick of unsalted butter, cut 
  • 5 tbl cocoa powder
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 1/4 c sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla 
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 c finely chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven 350F. Spray 8-inch square baking pan ( I only have a 11"x7" pan, brownies bake taller then normal) with nonstick vegetable cooking spray.

2.  In a double boiler or microwave, melt chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally until mixture is smooth. Add in cocoa. Set aside to cool for 10 mins.

3. Whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt in medium bowl until combined. Slowly whisk chocolate into egg mixture; then stir in flour until just combined. Do not over mix. Pour into your prepared pan, spread into corners and level. (Mr. Beautiful is allergic to all nuts so I sprinkle my walnuts on half of a pan for me and leave the rest of the pan bare. I have to be very careful, but I can still eat "nom nom" walnut brownies)

4. Bake until slightly puffed and toothpick comes out with a small amount of sticky crumbs clinging to it, 35 to 40 minutes.Cool until just bearable to eat, brownies are best served still warm from the oven. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment