Saturday, November 5, 2011

Jalapeno Eggrolls

You ever shop through the market and look around, when something stops you and says "I'm interesting! Make me something yummy!"

Or, is that just me?

Don't judge, it's been working for me :)

The other day I saw jalapenos on sale. They were in season and I got about 20 for $2.00! Yeah!

Yesterday I made amazing jalapeno honey spareribs.

Tonight, I was craving jalapeno poppers, but was interested in how I could play with the idea and my other market impulse buy, egg roll wrappers....

Thus, the Jalapeno Egg roll was born!


Attention! If you are dieting, these babies are high in the caloric snack world. I ate four as a dinner substitute and was completely satisfied.

I'm not saying you SHOULD eat all of these by yourself, but it is kind of hard to stop. So maybe save this appetizer when there are more people around to share them with.


Jalapeno Egg Rolls                                Makes 8 rolls

8oz Cream Cheese
6 jalapenos, seeded and diced
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tbl cumin

8 Egg roll wrappers
sesame oil

1. Pre-heat oven to 400F or deep fryer ready (I don't fry foods, but an egg roll classic way to fry is to get the oil temperature to 375F). Mix all filling ingredients together until creamy.


2. Lay wrapper in a diamond shape, with a point towards you. Fill with 1-2 tablespoons of filling.


Fold and roll up in the shape of an egg roll, place on a baking sheet. Brush with oil (skip the oil if frying these). Never stack your egg rolls before or after you cook them or the filling will seep out.


3. Bake for 15mins or until brown.


4. Enjoy!

Calories Calculated by SparkRecipes Calculator: 107 calories per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment