Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Crotchety about Crocheting

I have been trying to teach myself crocheting for the past week and it's been a-slow going...

To have time to sit and watch TV is hard enough to do, but to: sit, concentrate, and count, all with the unending prayer that I don't mess up somewhere and drop a stitch.....ugh! Least to say, I am one of those frustrated learners :)

I am enjoying myself though. I learned how to crochet plastic grocery bags into mats for the homeless, which is a pretty nice way to step into a craft like this. I have been doing that since March, but that only requires a single crochet and chaining. Now I'm branching out...slowly.

But...I'm getting impatient. Like when I started to learn how to play the piano. A few months into it, after learning the basics and lots of practice, you want to start doing the fancy tricks to show off to your friends and family.

Looking online I found some great easy projects that beginners like I can make, all for free. I love free. 

One great "dreaming of what could be" site is:  http://www.favecrafts.com/Crochet. Check it out when you get the chance, it's great. They offer free patterns, discussions boards, tips and sharing.

I'm excited to start making toys for my baby and his friends, Amigurumi!
Adorable Bee

goldfish
Hand puppet scarf!
So enjoy and challenge yourself if you are like me and learning this new skill.

And as always, have fun and make something beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment